Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Lorraine -The Blog re-named and now about books and writing

Welcome to my new look blog, Lorraine Holloway-White. It will now be about my books, spiritual work and writing in general. I am making my older posts about general matters private (gradually) and will leave only those to do with writing matters. This blog will now be used to promote and market myself, my books, spiritual work and guest authors from time to time. As some of you know, I was going to just close this blog, but decided to re-style it instead and put it to good use.

It is difficult for writers to be seen if they are not published with a major publishing house and so for the last year, I have been working hard to promote as many authors as I can and once self-published, I set to promoting myself too. The problem with me promoting so many people, is my Facebook pages and Twitter get filled with more promoting than anything else. It doesn't help that I also founded and run Authors on Show as well.

With five blogs on the go it became too much and so I am now condensing them and will be putting Authors on Show onto one site rather than two and will have my Sceptical Medium blog connected to this one. This will now be about writing, my books, other authors and generally used for promotion and marketing purposes rather than everyday matters as it used to be.

Most will be aware I have a new book now finished and ready for publication called, How To Know If You're a Medium. I was to self publish it myself like I did with the others, but something made me approach a publishing house with it instead. I have sent off a proposal with an excerpt from it and will wait to see what happens. I know it is said that only celebrities get book deals these days, but I am a positive person and believe if we have filled a gap in the market, we are still in with a chance. I am convinced my latest book does just that, so we will all have to wait to see what happens.

I know quite a few of you have already asked when you can buy it and many more come to my spiritual blog using the title of my book on their search engines hoping to find it. Time will tell, but please don't be too much in a hurry as these things take a lot of time and consideration and the longer it takes, the more of a chance I have of being signed so we don't want a quick answer in this case. In the meantime, I hope you'll come back from time to time to hear what I'm up to next and what progress is being made - and of course, to meet the authors I promote on here.

If anyone is interested in being promoted on this blog, then please let me know and I'll be pleased to consider you. I already have some lined up and will be looking at others as time goes on.

1 comment:

  1. Whew...I could not keep up with all that!

    ReplyDelete