Wednesday, 11 May 2011

My Dog's Eating Habits

Sitting down to our steaming hot bowl of home-made soup at lunchtime, I became a ware of a crunching sound and looking down saw my dear dog eating her dinner. Nothing strange in that you might think, but I have realised something that didn't used to happen before but now does.


Our dog isn't a greedy dog and we have left a full bowl of food down for her since a pup and she eats from it when she wants walking away once full. Her favourite times to eat, were first thing in the morning and last thing at night - just before we all went to bed. But that has changed and it was only today I realised it.


Bonnie now eats with my husband at breakfast time, she joins us and eats when we do at lunch and then in the evening, she starts to eat as soon as we start our evening meal. She never eats at other times now, only when we do and she has to be with us so all three of us eat together. She is now 10, so maybe it's an age thing, but how lovely is that? We were always told Springers have to be a part of the family rather than the dog of the family and they were right, that's exactly what she has been. She has to be involved in everything we do and we wouldn't have it any other way.

You can now subscribe to this blog on Amazon Kindle  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZKQK5U  for the US
CLICK HERE for the UK

1 comment:

  1. They are a huge part of the family aren't they. Like children really. I feel like I have five kids sometimes!!

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete