Monday, 11 April 2011

Justice is Served

This is rather scary for me, but I have taken the plunge and decided to write my first piece of fiction. It is interesting to find how much longer it is taking me to write this than all the other books I've written. Mind you, I say that, but the first 10,000 words were written in less than 12 hours. I have no idea if it's any good, or even if it'll get finished. I know where it's going and how it'll end, but I might decide it's rubbish and not take it any further.

Funny thing is though, I've had a few people read it already and they think it shows promise and when edited, they think it'll do very well. One even said it would make a good film. For now, it is a first draft and they are always very different from the finished article as all other writers will know, but, it's on Authonomy - well, the first 10,000 words are anyway and so if you want to see what you think, you can go and take a look. I would love comments - honest ones about whether you all think it'll work or not and whether I should carry on.

I'm nervous now!

NB:There is one person who will read this and want to say something nasty. I already know what you think so don't bother commenting thank you. You know who you are.

http://www.authonomy.com/books/32826/justice-is-served/

2 comments:

  1. I think you should go for it, Lorraine. It's a completely different style of writing to what you're used to but we all know you can write well. It's a challenge if nothing else and something to keep your mind active. Very best of luck to you. And whoever the person is who you think will be nasty, I wouldn't worry about them; they obviously don't know you.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly they do, but hey ho! I am loving writing this book. It was something I said and my husband looked at me saying "that would make a good book, why don't you write it?" So I am and it'll have to be dedicated to him now won't it - after all, if it wasn't for him, it wouldn't be written.

    ReplyDelete