Thursday, 13 January 2011

Swan Crash Lands in Garden

This dear swan has just crash landed in my garden. It is tagged and so must be being watched by someone somewhere. I wonder if it's one of the Queen's swans and if she'll come and collect it herself? No, I don't think so either. It seems to be ok and I can't see damage to either wing and yet it can't fly. It could be it is exhausted or maybe there is something going on inside that can't be seen.




As you can see it is eating and seems to be able to keep it down ok. How many people do you know can boast a swan on the pond in their garden. look at this next photo.


My neighbour saw it first and it actually crash landed in the cul-de-sac we live in and they shoo-ed it into my garden and shut the gate as it was safer here than on the road where it was headed. They have already rung the RSPB and hopefully it won't be too long before a volunteer can come and help the poor thing and get it to a vet.


I'll let you know what happens to it, but it seems quite happy to me. We always have ducks live in our garden for the summer and they usually arrive from mid February, maybe this year it'll be a swan, but they are usually in pairs so I wonder if it's mate is due to drop in sometime soon?

We have a pheasant living in here too at the moment, a female, so we might be able to start charging for people to come to our little wildlife park! Apparently, the RSPCA are the ones who will collect it, I just hope they do the right thing with it as they don't always these days. As I say, I'll let you know the outcome.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! Swans are so beautiful. It looks in a good state. Super cute, I will say. Good luck to the little one and well done, you, for looking after it and thanks to your neighbour, too.
    You lot are heros :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful to have a swan in your garden. Your garden is beautiful too.x

    ReplyDelete