Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Champagne and Lobster Anyone?

My husband has received an early Christmas present from me - I've lost my voice! For several days it has been getting steadily worse. I have been drinking honey and lemon with ginger cordial, eating curries - which I rarely do, making home made chicken broth and all manner of natural things and yet it's getting worse. Now, as well as the voice, I have a stinking cold and a hacking cough.

I have people coming on Christmas Eve for our annual Champagne and Lobster dinner. Since the children left home, it is my once a year treat for all the preparations and cooking. We have just 6-8 people, we wear long dresses and D.J's and they all have several small presents each as a surprise for the coffee stage. Problem is, this year I am wondering whether I'll be able to do it.

The lobster is ordered from M & S and has to be collected that morning. What will I do with eight lobsters that can't be frozen if I have to cancel? There's seafood terrine and all sorts on order - all that money! What will I do with sixteen extra presents? Keep your fingers crossed that I improve and if you have any remedies that might help, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment