Thursday, 18 November 2010

Off to Aqua Aerobics


Above is a photograph of my fat bulk in the swimming pool on our cruise in July. I am about to lower its gigantic mass on the unsuspecting people at the gym areobics class at 11 am today. "Am I mad" I ask myself. I can't swim and yet I have to lower myself into a pool up to chest height and leap around trying to get fit and lose weight.

I wouldn't mind, but I am very nervous of the water anyway and here I am considering losing my feet from under me and drowning - all in the sake of trying to be slimmer. I also joined weight watchers yesterday too, so no one can say I'm not trying can they? I am determined to lose some of this blubber that has moulded itself to my slim, gorgeous self since all my operations and bad health from the last three years.

Okay, so maybe I wasn't that slim or gorgeous to start with, but a girl can always dream can't she? I suppose I better go and see if I can find my swimsuit, make sure legs and underarms are de-fluffed and toenails painted. I think you'll find all that is already done, but anything to put off the dreaded moment. My legs are still aching like mad from my stint on the bike at the gym. I'm hoping alternating gym with water aerobics will mean I ache less. I'll let you know after today - if I haven't drowned in the meantime that is! Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Cor - go for it, Lorraine! You motivating me - i might even stop making excuses and do my excercise video today.

    cx

    ReplyDelete