Sunday, 7 November 2010

I've Joined A Gym

Today I finally took the plunge. I have joined a gym in a nearby hotel and am determined to try to get back to how I used to look before all my health problems. I need to lose a lot of weight and I'm not going to tell you how much, but it's a lot!

After signing up, I went and bought some tops and bottoms suitable for a workout, but found it incredibly hard to do. You see, most of the clothes for gyms and jogging are for people who are already slim. I asked for larger sizes and was told they don't do them. How ridiculous is that?

When I was a skinny and fit girl I didn't need a gym, nor do most who go to them. It's the fat, overweight, obese or whatever else you want to call them, that need to go to gyms in order to get fitter and lose the excess weight. We're always told the best way to lose weight properly is not diets, but exercise. So how come they don't do appropriate clothing for all of us overweight people then?

I eventually managed to find one pair of bottoms and as I already have another pair at home, just got a couple of tops to go with them for now. I'm hoping I won't need those sizes for too much longer. Last time I exercised was on a mini trampoline I had bought for home use. Each morning I would put a couple of rashers of bacon on and I would exercise in front of the television whilst it cooked slowly. I then had egg, bacon and tomato for breakfast as the exercise made me so hungry. I never normally eat breakfast unless I'm on holiday and then, can only eat bacon and egg as cereal is too sweet and bread bloats me out. I was told if I wanted to lose weight that I was to have breakfast each morning to get the metabolism going and so that's what I did

Doing the above, I lost 10 lbs in six weeks with no dieting and yet eating the cooked breakfast. Then I started getting dizzy and my blood pressure was going to extremes of high and low. After several days of feeling very unwell, I went to the doctor and it turned out, people with severe blood pressure (which I have) shouldn't use a trampoline. I won't make that mistake again. This time, I shall start on a treadmill only and work my way to more and more as I become fitter and more able. I am aware it'll be a slow process, but it should work properly and I hope with no nasty side effects. So,you will be seeing a lot less of me in time. By Christmas I would like to have lost a stone. Whether I'll achieve that without diet as well as exercise will soon be seen. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, my dear. I rejoined the gym last week, hoping to get back into some jeans. It's not easy, but it can be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing blog..Im loving it :)

    Cheers,
    Minnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! It has always annoyed me about the gym clothes too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lorraine, that's wonderful that you're going to focus on the mind/body/spirit balance. It took me a year to finally be rid of the weight I gained from injuring my knee and so unable to do ANY physical exercise.

    Your attitude is perfect to me. It happens slowly but it does progress, and I do believe when it's a slower process, it lasts. I woke up one morning recently and I was 10 pounds lighter.

    You're a beautiful woman/soul/person/spirit...less weight just feels better and keeps us from being bothered/annoyed and reminded of our body.

    Quote from Perez Hilton, Hollywood gossip columnist, which I think of and smile over.
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

    love!

    ReplyDelete