Sunday, 14 November 2010

A Day Full of Mediumship


I know the above photo. isn't of a medium, but it shows what most people think of when they hear talk about readings and mediums - they couldn't be further from the truth. On Monday, I am going for a reading from a man who is meant to be superb. I shall let you know if he was or not on my return.  His reputation is that of a natural medium who gives details about those who have passed. As I have lost my former husband and three friends in the last 15 months, it'll be interesting to see if he gives me anything from any of them. Especially as one of them was a medium (of sorts) herself. I will also be interested to see what couple of things he says about my future and if it ties in with what else I have been told recently.

For those who don't know the difference, a medium gives information about those who have died and maybe a couple of little things about your future, but mainly your past and those who who have connection with you. A clairvoyant, who isn't usually a medium, is one who tells mainly of future events, is possibly a psychic and is what most people think of as a 'fortune teller'. I don't like this sort as I don't believe we are meant to know our future. A couple of things for hope is one thing, but for someone to say they can see loads of different things that will happen is misleading. No one can know too much about the future. The most would be about 4 -5 things and that's it. Any more than that and it'll be generalised most probably even if you don't realise that at the time.

After my reading, I have to prepare for the evening as I am going to a private house to do a talk to a group of people about my mediumship, healing and writing and to answer any questions they have about it all. Most people are interested in the fact I am both a medium and a sceptic and love to know why I am a sceptic. I love these talks as they are what enables me to teach people what to watch out for and how to save their money rather than pay a fortune for a reading that is often rubbish.

I am quite looking forward to tomorrow. It is so rare I will go for a reading as I wouldn't waste my money on most people as it is all a load of nonsense when done the wrong way. I am very keen to see this man who comes so highly rated by other mediums though and so I can now understand why people get excited when I do readings for them or talk about my experiences. It is precisely because of this excitement though that has allowed the unscrupulous to turn it into an entertainment and money-making exercise. I shall let you all know what came to pass when I next speak to you.

If any of you would like to know the differences between, mediums, clairvoyants and psychics, that and more is explained in my book, A Sceptical Medium, which you can buy (or preview) by clicking on the cover on the right hand side of this page.

2 comments:

  1. Lorraine,

    Please do tell - I'm interested in what you will learn from this reading. Both from the gentleman and about the gentleman doing it. I've posted a link to your article to FB... and have a great time with your private gathereing to educate.

    xoxoxo
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOHHH! Sounds exciting. Can't wait for the juicy details.

    ReplyDelete