Monday, 18 October 2010

I'm Off To London

Book Signing

I am feeling quite excited today. On Thursday, I am off to London to meet some fellow writers. We are attending MM Bennett's book launch at Waterstone's in Holborn. It is the first book launch I'll have ever attended and it'll be good to see what happens at them and who will turn up.

I already know some who are coming. Two are fellow team members from Authors on Show There is also an author who has signed a rather lovely book deal and who we've known for some time but not yet met. We are off to dinner at Cafe Boheme in Soho afterwards, so if anyone else we know would like to come along and meet up, we'd love to see you. Likewise, if anyone reading this would just like to meet those behind the scenes of AOS and some new authors - now's your chance.

I'm really looking forward to meeting MM Bennett's too. Such an enigma. Who is MM and is it a man or a woman? No one knows. I do, but I'm sworn to secrecy. The press are never allowed to reveal an identity or show photographs of the well known author either. I love a bit of intrigue - it adds a little extra to the wonderful world of writing that I've now entered. Everyone likes a mystery and if you come along that evening, I wonder if you'll be able to work out which one MM is?

My back has been playing up since yesterday and I'm hoping it'll improve before then. Keep your fingers crossed and maybe we'll see you there.

1 comment: