Tuesday, 28 September 2010

I'm Free!

It's wonderful to feel free. There is still a way to go with some things, but I have deleted my book on Authonomy and asked them to delete my whole account. I have been on there since last November and things have changed on there so much in less than a year. The forums were somewhere that you could meet like minded people and have a laugh. As with all forums, there were the odd one or two who caused an upset now and again, but they were actually quite entertaining to watch.

Now though, it is not what it was. I love Authonomy. I think the whole concept is a good one and they are about to have quite a major upheaval. I think they too are fed up with what's happened in the last few months and how things have changed. I don't envy them much as it is a huge undertaking running something on that scale. Rather them than me and I take my hat off to them for doing it.

There are a lot of good people on the site from before, but they are swamped by this new breed who do senseless backings and don't believe in reads and proper commenting. It is the commenting that helped so many of us to improve our manuscripts. I look forward to seeing if that returns once Authonomy has changed things around.

There isn't really any more to say on this matter, I just wanted to say how much weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I have my two blogs and we have all the nicest people from Authonomy with us on Authors on Show and I hope the ones who haven't found us yet soon will.. We can follow each other and now I may have time to visit their blogs more and get to see some new ones not visited yet. I shall probably pop into Authonomy from time to time to see what's going on and to watch for new books that may be of interest, but for now - I'm going to enjoy my freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment